THE IMI-MELAMED MULTIMEDIA WEB PLATFORM
The IMI-MELAMED platform on this website is an extensive virtual library. Developed with the aim of raising awareness of the importance of diagnosing melanoma as early as possible, the contents are easy to access and consult. Each of the 9 chapters deals with a fundamental aspect of melanocytic disorders and is accompanied by ample photographic, dermoscopic and histological documentation.
The IMI-MELAMED platform provides a detailed overview of melanoma diagnostics and therapy as laid down by the latest guidelines approved by the Italian health authorities.
The 9 chapters are as follows:
2. RISK FACTORS
3. SUN EXPOSURE, MOLES, AND THE RISK OF MELANOMA
4. DIAGNOSING MELANOMA
5. CLINICAL DIAGNOSIS OF MELANOMA
6. CLINICAL DIFFERENTIAL DIAGNOSIS
7. EARLY DIAGNOSIS WITH INSTRUMENTAL ASSESSMENT
8. HISTOLOGICAL DIAGNOSIS
9. SURGERY, STAGING PROGNOSIS AND TREATMENT